POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Xmas-tree : Re: Xmas-tree Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Xmas-tree
From: Ken
Date: 9 Oct 1998 20:28:07
Message: <361E9BE2.27672982@pacbell.net>
Remco de Korte wrote:

> Well, don't thank me, because the code has more bugs in it then my bed.
> I fixed it up a bit, so here's a new version (no major improvements, just took
> out the annoying bits).
>
> If you have any more suggestions for improvement they're more then welcome.
>
> Remco

    Last night I attempted to use your last version in a scene.
I had 12 xtrees declared and before the scene could render windows
popped up and told me that I was running out of hard drive space.
The swapfile size had grown to over 180,000,000 bytes and had
consumed my 98 megs of ram. If you have any improvements to make it
would have to be in the memory use area. I mean wow that's a lot of
memory to use in one scene.
   I'm going to try it again to night and see if I can lower the
needle count because the scene I'm using it in would really look
great with the inclusion of pine trees.

Anyway thanks again.

Ken Tyler